Thursday, September 1, 2011

# 185

One of my New Years resolutions was to read the Hymn book. I love it. I usually read it as part of my scripture study, and it has made such a difference. I am almost completely musically illiterate, but that doesn't matter. I read them like I read the scriptures, underlining and making notes. Tonight I read Hymn number 185, "Reverently and Meekly Now". By reading the hymns, especially the sacrament hymns, it makes me want to become a better person. I want to do everything I can to live with my Heavenly Father again.

"Bid thine heart all strife to cease;with thy brethren be at peace.
Oh, forgive as thou wouldst be E'en forgiven now by me.
In the solemn faith of prayer cast upon me all they care,
And my Spirit's grace shall be like a fountain unto thee."

"At the throne I intercede; for thee ever do I plead.
I have loved thee as thy friend with a love that cannot end.
Be obedient, I implore, Prayerful, watchful evermore,
And be constant unto me, that thy Savior I may be."

*D&C 45:3-5: Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him-
Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;
Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment