Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011, It's been real

2011 was a great year for me-- I learned a lot, had some major changes, experienced life etc etc etc. However, 2012 is gonna be super duper great! Why? because I will make it that way! Churchill said it quite well by saying "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference" Cheers, Winston, I agree. However, my motto or whatever for this year isn't attitude, it's courage. Churchy also said " Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
One year for mothers day I gave my mom the Courage willow tree statue. The arms fell off like a week later, but it's fixed now, and every time I see it, it turns my frown upside down. Yay smiles.

Soooo, my plan this year is to have courage in all I do. I'll keep putting one foot in front of the the other because I know that if I do my very best I'll survive and maybe even thrive a little too. I'll have courage to talk to the stranger in my classes or on the bus. I'll have courage to approach someone and ask if I can help. I'll have the courage to do hard things. I'll have the courage to push myself a little bit harder. I'll have the courage to stand up for what I know to be true. I'll have the courage to put a smile on my face when I don't feel like I have anything to smile about. I'll have the courage to try new things. I'll have the courage to say what I feel. I'll have the courage to cook actual meals. I'll have the courage to be myself.

I will be courageous.

Cause tomorrow's another day

And I'm thirsty anyway,

So bring on the rain

1 comment: