Monday, January 30, 2012

Knee Deep Lecy Style

Gonna put the world away for a while
Go on living life with a smile
...and that whole re-write the song idea lasted for a whole two minutes.

I am investing myself in school. I'm not going to enjoy all of it. But I can make the best of it. I can laugh off the mistakes and learn from them. I will fall, but I will stand up. My dear friend Lex lives far far away now, but we have this little joke between us about a Japanese proverb- "Fall down seven times, stand up eight." I've fallen down a lot in life. Literally. In races, basketball games, stairs, horse shows, and in lots of other circumstances. However, I always get up. It might take me longer than I would like, my legs and hands might be shaking, my eyes might be clouded with tears, my mind might be darkened with doubt and fear of pain and pride, but you will see me get up. I know He is there to help me. Every step, every crawl, and every exhausted dragging motion of the way. Life is gonna be rough but it's also gonna be great. Life is rough. But it's also great. phenomenal. superb. lovely. lively. super. first-rate. excellent. fantastic. fantidilyastic. fanfreakintidilyastic. Life is good.

Now I'm knee deep in my life somewhere... think I might make my own kind of paradise.


PS regarding the actual song... why is he worried the tide will touch his chair if he's already knee deep in the water???


Evidence: I fall down. This was my first race as a senior, my first JV race, my first real emotional race. It was a joke. But I got up.

Go listen to JUST STAND UP
It's fantastic. My soul sista Hannah G-roomin showed it to me sophomore year. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh i adore you lecy!! I'm so glad that we are friends!! you make me smile :) love your blog

    ReplyDelete