Monday, November 25, 2013

"Are you going Crazy?"

I've made lists on lists on lists and eagerly wait to slice through the inky letters marking the task complete. I have a count down system in my head. Every time I log on to missionary.lds.net I see how many days I have left. I have so much to do. Studying, shopping, packing, planning, YOLOing, studying, reading, studying, memorizing, studying etc. Oh did I say I need to study? Because I do. I have hopes and goals dangling in front of my brain reminding me of what I should and want to be doing. Of what I should and want to be.

But today I swept those ambitions away like dusty cobwebs. Today I slept in. Then I got up, went downstairs, stood on the cold tile looking longingly up at the pantry but then went upstairs without looking back. I stood in the cross roads of the hallway for a moment or two with my eyes dancing back and forth looking at my room and my parents doorway. After a long, thought provoking and major decision making 5 seconds I cowardly slithered into my parents bed. I thought. Cue myself tightening up even further into the fetal position hidden by layers of sheets, fleece, and a comforter that feels like it's just 2 blankets sandwiching the county's largest pillow. I realized I wasn't even tired- my body doesn't ache, my mind doesn't throb, my insides aren't shredding... and yet, all I wanted to do was do nothing. 

So I went for a hike with my dog and that made me feel better.


No comments:

Post a Comment