Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 14- Family Time!


SKOUSEN
Established 1985


    Let’s face it. I have a pretty regal last name. I love it.

    Meet the fam:  Donny, Hannah, Dad (Grant), Mom (Keri), and me. 

 Meet my Dad. He's a stellar dad and father. He is a wonderful example of loving the Mrs. He calls often just to see how everyone is doing, buys ice cream when wanted and necessary, and works incredibly hard to provide for our family. He taught me how to enjoy the beauty all around. He taught me how to ride a bike, how to ski, taught me how to drive, and teaches me how to be patient and loving. He takes me running and hiking. We'll go for drives in the canyon and talk about lots of different stuff.  He brings back wild flowers from his runs/hikes. He tickles me. He says "pellow" and "melk". He rubs my aching muscles. He gave me his red hair and red face genes.We share the ability to fall asleep almost anywhere. He is verrrrrry computer savvy. He is an excellent home teacher. His hugs are one of the most solid things I know. He shares his testimony with us. He is excellent with little children. I'm a daddy's girl. I love him lots and lots. 


This is mi mamma. She's an angel. How she puts up with us kids, I'll never know. She is a magician in the kitchen. She rubs my aching muscles too. She supports me more than she probably should. She tried her best to make it to every cross country race, horse show, basketball game, track meet, school event, etc etc. She is an artist. She cares about others with so much love. She tells stories. She has very strange dreams. She is my mother, and I'm so glad. I'm also a mamma's girl. I also love her lots and lots.


This is Donald Grant. Aka Donny. He's 23 and goes to BYU. He's a genius. He's a computer freakshow smart kid that spends way too much time playing xbox but he's also Mr. social when he wants to be. He is skilled in the art of airsoft warfare and scaring people. He pokes me lots, but in an annoyed way I like it. He protects me when I am threatened and makes fun of me when I'm dumb. He's a good brotha. We don't see each other that much, but I enjoy spending time with him :) 


Meet Hannah, Hannah Hollis. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of us together on my laptop, but we do indeed have pictures of us together. She's 21 and resides in Cedar City. Basically the only thing we have in common is our love for animals and our blue eyes. But we're sisters nonetheless! We've grown closer as we've moved apart, which is sad, but good because we keep gettin closer and closer :) We have lots good memories from playing together when we were younger. Like my mom, she's an artist. Like mega good. She has a hearty laugh that makes everyone crack a smile. I'm excited to see what she does with her future :)

I kept this short because I realized it's not a good idea to write about your family when you are spread across the state and you miss them terribly. I love my family dearly, and I am so glad that they are my family. More importantly, I am thankful I know Families are Forever.


1 comment: