Monday, March 19, 2012

Day Six

Favorite super hero
I was never one to read the classic marvel comics. I like superman, spiderman, wolverine and all those other cool kids. People argue about who is better and who would beat who but honestly I don't really care to listen in.

I believe super heroes surround us constantly. Once you get to know people and learn their situations, your perspective changes and you realize simply how amazing each individual really is. In high school there was a girl who was always super friendly to the point that it actually bugged me. Her obnoxious wave made me roll my eyes and I was not sincere all the time in my salutations. During her senior year I learned about her family situation and was completely in shock. Her father was abusive to her mother, and ended up going to jail because of it, her older brother was making bad choices, and she had to take care of her many younger siblings. But every time I saw her she would still light up and give that overly enthusiastic wave and say "Hi!". I still cannot comprehend how she had the energy and mental power to put even the slightest grin on her face. Everyone fights their own battles, and it is so powering to look back and think "If they could overcome this, then I can overcome my silly little problem." You just gotta take the time to listen and get to know people.

So I guess my favorite super hero is the average person who struggles, staggers, and slowly but most definitely completes the daunting task that is placed in front of them.

Thank you for being my super hero.

1 comment: